Happiness

Happiness

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I really want to Zumba - Bucket List

A few weeks back I attended the Moms in Business Unite Conference and got to sit in on a couple of sessions by Wendy Robbins. Later, I stopped by her table and bought the book "Why Marry a Millionare? Just Be One!" As I got into reading it one of the first challenges is to come up with 5 things you would want to do if you learned you had just 72 hours to live. It seems like it would be an easy exercise, but it wasn't. I had a hard time sitting and thinking about really what fills me up and lights my fire that is not for anyone else's sake but my own. Probably a lot of moms can relate. It is one of the reasons I started this blog!

Seriously, it was more than a few days ago that I cracked that book open and stared at that exercise. It was so intimidating in fact that the book found its way under a pile of papers on my desk.

Oh, no, no, no. This is not something I was going to let happen. Buy a book that has the potential to open my eyes to see something bigger and then just shuffle it off to the "when-I-have-time" pile. Let's be honest, who does have time? There's always something going on that needs attention, and then there's the major time suck of facebook and reading all kinds of interesting articles that pour into your email inbox. Those are just the modern day idoit box excuses.

Ever since my friend Rachel came to visit back in April, I've been wanting to take a Zumba class. I'd gone out dancing with the girls I went to high school with and we had such a good time! We went to a Thai restaraunt, I had some amazing good wine, and then we went to a dance club. So rare that I get to do that anymore, but one of the things I miss about my pre-mommy days, for sure! Anyway, Rachel asks if I've heard of Zumba and tells me how much I'd like it. I believe her, she knows me pretty good, we've been friends since middle school afterall.

Can you come up with 5 things you'd like to do if you had 72 hours to live? Leave me a comment and share one or all five.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to take Zumba! Maybe get the Wii game and try it in the safety of my own home first ;) As for 5 things I would do if I had 72 hours to live.....Gather my fam together and fly to Costa Rica, hike and jump off a waterfall, eat a huge dinner of fresh caught fish and lay in a hammock (with my fam, of course) and watch the sunset. Pure BLISS!

    ReplyDelete