Happiness

Happiness

Sunday, January 12, 2014

#Gratitude365 Day 24

#Gratitude365 January 11 2014

I had such a wonderfully engaged class in the morning... in fact I was so on a high from teaching this class that I posted something very different on my Facebook Page:

This morning's class totally went over the 45 minutes it is scheduled for - but that is what happens when I'm engaged with your sweet babies and the magic of communication is being born! Having no classes since Thanksgiving was a much needed break and I have felt the energy of that refueling myself as I returned to classes this week. I had no idea how much I was missing it in those several weeks off... Thank you for being part of this community!

One of the mamas works at The Childrens School and it is a place I have stated in the past I'd love to teach at and have my children attend. When we were chatting after class, she said she thought of me and how I should be teaching baby sign language to their toddler class. Ummm, yes! You just never know how conversations will steer a way that causes you to find a connection that can be beneficial. So grateful for the universe putting this sweet mama in my class and then creating this post class conversation.

When I got into the car and turned on the radio the song that came on took me right back to my youth
"Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch..... anyone else love that song as much as i do? I still remember it coming out when I was in the 8th grade and when my sister and I would watch MTV (remember that channel?) we'd be dancing along -- my sister would tell me how good a dancer I was and I just loved that compliment. I sort of wish I had a video of me dancing at that age so I could laugh ; ) AND of course when this song was on today I was fully car dancing, singing like I was one of the backup singers. So much fun.... so thank you to Star 94.1 for playing an oldie and putting me in the happy zone. Here's the video in case you want to go back to the early 90s:



I stopped to get gas - grabbed a bottle of water and a banana for a snack - yay me for choosing healthy! I'm really trying to eat right and find it is hard to make those choices when you're on the go.

On my way to teach another class I was pulled over.... for not wearing my seat belt. The gratitude I'm going to give in there is that the CHP officer was very kind and didn't cite me for not having my current insurance paperwork. He stated that the night before a 3 person car accident resulted in 2 fatalities because they were not wearing their seat belts. Last year I made a resolution to not text and drive. This year my resolution as it relates to driving is wearing my seat belt. Once upon a time I was really good about wearing my seat belt and then with my first pregnancy they were becoming increasingly uncomfortable to use and I've had a bad habit ever since. Bless my kids though because they tell me often to buckle my seat belt, which I do. My husband used to say "Buckle up, buttercup." He was not happy about this ticket. My thoughts to the families who lost someone last night and a promise to wear my seat belt, because it is true what my friend replied with on Facebook "You don't want your kids to be told mommy is gone because no seat belt." Grateful that it was a ticket and not an accident.

Do you ever have a day full of good that when even something like a traffic ticket happens, you're able to shift your thinking and see "the good?" Be sure to comment and share because sharing your gratitude leads to more gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment