Happiness

Happiness

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Organic Strawberry Lemonade and Summer Service Project

My kids did a Lemonade stand last summer with the baby sitter. They asked me if they could do it again and I've been looking at ways to help them be more successful this time around. So today we played with the idea of having Strawberry Lemonade.

Now, I have to tell you that I'm not interested in squeezing a bunch of fresh lemons to make it homemade. But, I do like to buy organic lemonade so we are serving up something without pesticides.



This lemonade is definitely on the sweet side so I added water. This will also cut down on the sugar content per serving.

Organic Summer Time Strawberry Lemonade

2 cups organic lemonade
1 cup water
10 strawberries hulled




Super Simple!

Everything goes in the blender for a minute on high speed.



Another reason I now love my Vitamix.... those strawberries become totally incorporated into the lemonade. No chunks at all.



Pour into tall glasses and garnish with a strawberry or slice of lemon.



So, now we have one good recipe ready to go for our summer lemonade stand. We might still offer plain lemonade. I think I have an idea brewing about how to have the kids turn this into a service project! This will help them plan ahead and feel successful and do something for their community at the same time.

Our local playground has been working to raise money for the past 2 years to rebuild the playground in memory of Sienna Palkovic. It has been really special to watch our community come together to support this cause. It has really been a grassroots project. I encourage you to read the story of Sienna's Play Garden and the amazing things her mom is doing by spearheading this project and if you feel compelled to buy a virtual lemonade, simply use the donate button on their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment