Happiness

Happiness

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

S'mores Yogurt Parfait


The boys had a day off from soccer and Amberly had softball practice so it was a perfect opportunity to let the boys in on the fun of making their own yogurt parfaits like their sister did the other day. Since I've had s'mores on the brain after creating our S'mores 21 Ways Summer Bucket List I thought we would try making a campfire inspired treat.... S'mores Yogurt Parfaits. When I told the boys what we were up to, they got excited! And because they had a mission to help me pick out the items at the grocery store, they were easier to manage. Hmmm. Go figure. If I had only known it was that simple to keep them focused on our agenda inside the grocery store. I'll have to remember that the next time.

We needed more Mountain High Yoghurt since we used up all of what we had. Because it makes for a great healthy after school snack and perfect protein addition for breakfast, it can go fast! We also needed some chocolate chips, but not any chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips. 



It was close to dinner time when we got home so I told them I was going to let them make a mini version of the real thing as this was our trial run. They were happy enough with getting to have dessert before dinner!

First I had Owen crumble some graham crackers.




Next I prepared the s'mores bar.



Then I moved everything outside. Easier clean up that way!
I decided I'd put the yogurt in their parfait cups to get them started.




Then it was time to get this parfait started!




They were so focused on their creation that I couldn't get them to look at the camera. That is until they were mid bite. Ha!





After they finished, I made my own parfait. Full size! I think the total serving size was still just 8oz..



You can probably tell by the empty cups what we thought of these S'mores Yogurt Parfaits!


Kids love treats. Moms like feeding kids healthy foods. So with our mini S'mores Yogurt Parfait I think it was a win-win! 

We've been using the Mountain High Yoghurt in a variety of ways; to make ranch dip, in place of sour cream in baking and of course in our parfaits. Amberly is planning to re-purpose the containers too since she is very environmentally conscious. 

Thank you for checking out Mountain High Yoghurt. Doing so makes it possible for me to continue blogging. Be sure to download your coupon on their site HERE.
For more simple inspiration and healthy recipes visit Mountain High Yoghurt on their FacebookInstagram and Pinterest pages!

Literally as I'm typing this my husband wants to know why he didn't get a tasty treat. I got up to make his S'mores Yogurt Parfait and it took me less than a minute. It doesn't get any simpler than that! And way healthier than those other late night snacks we tend to reach for, right?

Be sure to browse some of those deliciously tempting S'mores inspired treats here.




No comments:

Post a Comment