Happiness

Happiness

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Coconut Strawberry Lemonade

We're still working on some unique flavor combinations for our Lemonade Stand to support Sienna's Play Garden this summer. We were at World Market and saw these perfect summer looking mason jar glasses I was inspired to think of something to let the kids give them a test drive.



I think the kids like summer time mom.... I've been steering away from "the usual" and making everything with a twist. They don't get juice or lemonade too often and if I can come up with a way to reduce the sugar intake and still make it taste good, well I feel like that's a win.

To be honest, I'm not sure how the idea of using coconut water hit me. My kids have tried coconut water before and weren't too fond of it. I think it's an acquired taste. But I know about the health benefits of coconut water so I wanted to see how we could find a way to mix it in with other things like smoothies.... or lemonade!

Ingredients:

2 cups organic lemonade
2 cups coconut water
15 organic strawberries

Add ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high for about a minute and a half. Pour and enjoy!

Yields 4 servings.



The kids enjoyed this tasty beverage with some red and blue chips and white queso dip. It made for a very tasty afternoon snack.

These mason jars make the perfect clinking glasses too!



How about you? Do you try to steer clear of sugary drinks for the kids? I'd love to hear what you've got up your sleeve to keep refreshments tasty during hot summer months.



No comments:

Post a Comment