Happiness

Happiness

Friday, December 20, 2013

#Gratitude365 Day One

 Thought this journey would be good to blog about - maybe even keep me MORE committed too. If you are looking to strengthen your gratitude muscle like I am... then join me on this journey!

Day One: December 19th 2013 - it was a total afterthought to blog this journey so Day One is being posted a day LATE.

#Gratitude365 I've been wanting to start a gratitude journal for a LONG time. In the business of life I just haven't prioritized it enough to make it happen. I had so many things go through my mind yesterday about what I sometimes take for granted. Many of us wait to start new things on January 1st or first of the month or the beginning of the week. Well, when those "dates" on the calendar get here, I may not be able to express it the same way. So today is as good a day as any to begin journaling my gratitude. Sharing it here on social media just makes it easier for me to stay accountable. Whoa. This means I have to fulfill on this EVERY SINGLE DAY. Okay. I can do that. I can because I have friends who not be afraid to give me a gentle reminder.

Today I am grateful for the gift of giving. Have you ever felt that before? I have been often on the other end of receiving something from others and feeling a little awkward when there was not a "fair" exchange happening. I've purposefully told my husband in years past that we are not exchanging Christmas gifts because I simply didn't have the money to buy him something and he had bought all the gifts for the kids. This year there have been times where I was able to give in situations where there is no expectation of getting something in return and my heart felt full. I really get it what those volunteer organizations say about it making you feel good to give. I am looking forward to being able to give more in 2014.


I'll be sharing on Google+ too!

2 comments:

  1. I get great joy in giving. Whether it's a small little token of my appreciation, my time, or a little gift, it's fun to see the joy it brings to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, you are right, whether it is a gift of your time or an item - it feels good to give!

      Delete