Happiness

Happiness

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers Day 2015 Part 2

Celebrating the Bond Between Women

All week I was looking forward to this opportunity to take my daughter to this Mother Daughter event, Once Upon An Apron, a fundraising event for Chula's Mission.  Just about every activity on the press kit itinerary seemed to be made just for her. She is a crafty girl and we don't get to do a lot of that stuff at home, so this was going to be a real treat.


The event was hosted by Brian Malarkey's Green Acre, a farm to table restaurant that provided the perfect scenery and ambiance for our festivities. Green Acre boasts the perfect combination of casual and hip with health and sustainability clearly as high a focus as the flavor of the food. I imagine a lot of wedding receptions and company functions are had here.





OH - and the pizza was delicious! I kept commenting to my daughter how much I liked the pepperoni. 



There were fresh oven baked cookies. I had to go back for seconds!



We decorated cookies.


We created Mother Daughter bracelets.

We personalized our own aprons.


As we wrapped up with the crafts and lunch, the moms were invited inside to listen in on a Media Mom panel discussion about finding balance in motherhood while the daughters continued to enjoy their time in the sun making Mothers Day cards. 


Seeing other amazing moms enjoying this special Mother Daughter Day was icing on the cake!


My friend Danielle over at Simmworks Family blog


My friend Abby over at Baby Bird's Farm and Cocina

When we arrived I couldn't help but to notice how many picturesque opportunities there were and I nearly forgot to get pictures of us outdoors.

 


Near the end we had just enough time for me to decorate an herb pot. I chose basil and hope to be growing enough to make some homemade pesto!


Thank you to ScatenaDaniels, Green Acre and Chula's Mission for inviting us to be part of what I hope is the first annual "Once Upon An Apron" event!

Disclaimer - I was provided free tickets to attend this event. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment