Happiness

Happiness

Monday, August 15, 2011

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

Sharing fun, nutty, perhaps even less than interesting things about myself is a good way to determine if you want to come hang out here from time to time. Oh, and a big thanks to Everyday Mama for coming up with this fun topic for a blog hop! I wouldn't have chosen to come up with "25 things you don't know about me" otherwise.

!. My first word was MILK (of course I signed it).

2. I think punctuation is over rated, but I try to be careful and edit to prevent annoying people.

3. One of my all time favorite songs is "Baby Got Back" and watch out when it comes on and we're in the club. Oh and I really have fond memories of "It's getting hot in here!" Yeah, I'm that white girl.

4. I do not do my husband's laundry. We set up this agreement before moving in together. I also somehow got stuck with dishes while he got trash duty. That one wasn't nearly as brilliant.

5. When I was in the 5th grade I made a resolution to stop biting my nails. It worked.

6. Jeff and Jer helped me devise a plan to ask my hubby to my Jr. Prom. It worked.
That was waaaaaaay back when they were on Q106!

7. Giving campus tours at SDSU is how I got used to speaking in large group - I had to remember a bunch of facts related to the school AND walk backwards!

8. When I was a kid I caught 3 fish in a row with just a silver hook. Land of 10,000 lakes! I have been ice fishing. Once.

9. I won Most Improved in choir in high school. That says something about my lack of singing ability - I don't let it stop me from singing in my classes though.

10. If I could have anything in the world, it would be to have my dad still be alive. I've lived more of my life without him than with him now, but it still hurts that he took his own life.

11. I've given feedback to brands since I was in high school. I used to write letters, both negative and positive feedback. I seemed to actually go out of my way more when it was something I loved.

12. My favorite thing to draw as a little girl was a rainbow scene over the hills. Now, the most popular subject of Amberly's drawings are rainbows. I so love that.

13. My husband proposed to me atop Mt. Haleakala.

14. One semester in college I worked 3 jobs and did volunteer work. I wish I had that kind of energy now!

15. I am an "ideas queen". If you need some fresh ideas, I usually have 1 or 10 to give you.

16. I always thought I was going to be either a teacher, a high power corporate executive or doing humanitarian work. But,

17. We're going on a Disney Cruise in less than 2 months and I am beside myself with excitement!

18. I've gone to get pedicures so many times forgetting that I haven't shaved my legs, and haven't let it stop me.

19. When my family moved from Minnesota to California when I was 9 years old, we had to stay in a shelter for a few weeks, it was actually Father Joe's Village. I've never forgotten the importance of charity and helping those in need. But at the same time have learned where to draw the line in being helpful and being an enabler.

20. I'm a procrastinator when it comes to personal projects. In fact I bought the Isagenix starter pack, oh, about 2 months ago.... haven't cracked it open yet. Okay, now it is out there. Maybe I'll do it soon. It took me almost 7 months to get this blog even started. But now that I've got it going, I'm full steam ahead!

21. I thought I would never drink coffee. Little did I know. I once owned stock in Starbucks before even becoming a regular customer myself. I think we sold it in order to make a down payment on a timeshare. We didn't even keep that.

22. My drink of choice is something with Kahlua. I wasn't even sure if I spelled that right, I had to look it up.

23. One of my favorite all time gifts to the kids was Santa Claus putting Disneyland passes in their stocking and going to Disneyland that very day. We ought to do it again.

24. I used to read these steamy romance novels when I was in high school. Shoot I don't even remember what series it was. I was always worried my mom was going to confiscate them. Reading served as a great escape and I miss it.

25. I have this apron that I treasure - it has a bottle of wine and a half filled wine glass and it reads
Sophisticated
Seductive
Complex
And
Full-Bodied
(...And the wine's not bad, either)

Thank you Everyday Mama for doing this fun blog hop!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in the Blog Hop fun! Love that you're an idea person -- me too...guess that's why I'm a good PR person :) Oh, and you're going to love that Disney cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I posted mine with a linky tool. Stop by and link up: http://www.redlotusmama.com/2011/08/25things/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...those novels! Yes, a great escape. And mine were confiscated, too. Until I learned to take them, read them at night, and have them back in the bookshelf before anyone noticed they were gone. I could have won a speed-reading competition back in the day! Harlequin ring a bell? I pretty much read anything that had Fabio on the cover...now, I look back and wonder about that! ;)

    PS...I'll bug you next time I need help with an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list! Great job. :) #17 ~ YAY!! I want to do one of those SO BAD! Probably when the kids get a tad older. We're definitely planning a big Disney trip when Daddy gets back from his deployment, before we leave California.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali - yes! That's it Harlequin! They inspired plenty a career fantasies for me too - I wanted to be a marine biologist once and live at sea. Haha!

    ReplyDelete