The kids really wanted to check out LEGO Chima Water Park, one of the newer and most popular areas at Legoland.
Cragger's Swamp is within LEGO Chima Water Park offers plenty of hands on fun! There are 50 interactive water play features and the water is just one foot deep.
One of our all time favorite rides is Lost Kingdom Adventure. Laser guns and keeping score make this a fun family competition. It's usually boys in one car and girls in the other and we tease about who's going down!
Our excitement is obvious as we are next to get on the ride!
There's something about boats and Legoland. We kinda dig them!
This is Skipper School. Kids can even take the wheel!
Pirate Reef is a splashing fun time!
Amberly and I got to be in the very back of The Dragon!
The kids got their "drivers license" too! They love driving. I think it has to be with being in control.
Everybody makes it through the first few limbo rounds.
There's so much more we did that I didn't snap a photo of, like go to Castle Ice Cream, take our usual ride on Fairy Tale Brook, explore The Hideaways, ride Knights Tournament and catch a little bit of the Friends Forever show. One day is simply not enough time to do it all! I was looking at their website and am considering a surprise return trip because of the awesome deal they have right now.
Here's a bonus video from Legoland California when Owen was really little! He shows you how to sign HELICOPTER:
1. Wear comfy socks and shoes - you'll be doing a lot of walking! When we visit a theme park I always wear my Ecocise Bamboo socks. Super soft and extra absorbent.
2. Pack your snacks and water. Every theme park varies on it's outside food policy. Legoland specifically states on their website:
Please note that coolers and outside food are not permitted in the Park, however bottled water and any food or beverages required for specific dietary needs are allowed."
Because we try to eat as much organic and GMO free as possible (we follow an 80/20 rule) and know we'll be having a few treats in the park, we always pack some of our staples to take with us. We had no problem bringing them in.
3. Purchase and print your ticket at home. This will help you avoid the ticket booth lines. Plus you can score a really good deal by taking advantage of their online offers!
4. Be the first ones there. SEALIFE Aquarium opens one hour earlier than the rest of the park. This should motivate you to leave the house on time. Note: Entry to SEALIFE requires separate ticket or park hopper ticket for entry.
5. Download the Legoland California App, it's FREE! Quickly check show times and special events, wait times for rides and much more!
6. Check height requirements for rides. When our boys weren't tall enough for some the rides this was critical to plan out which rides we would tackle altogether and which ones my husband would take Amberly on separately.
7. Recharge your phone. Taking a bunch of pictures and videos of your family making memories can drain your phone's battery. Charging stations are located in the Baby Care Center, LEGO Clubhouse and Membership Processing.
8. Check Ride Wait Times. Legoland keeps this updated and it can help you in planning which section of the park to visit next.
9. Parent Swap. No reason you can't both enjoy the ride! Some kids don't do well on roller coasters, or maybe they don't meet the height requirement. Wait in line together, let one parent ride with kids that are going, when they return, just swap parents. This is a great concept and not everyone knows about it.
10. Store your stuff. Don't let lugging your stuff around slow you down. Locker prices range from $3 to $10 depending on size and where you choose to rent a locker. Finding cool souvenirs? No problem! The cashier will often ask if you'd like to pick your purchase up at The Marketplace near the exit at the end of the day. What service!
For more helpful tips see Know before you go.
Before I get to the giveaway, I want to share the current promo going on:
McDonald’s is running a promotion in SoCal restaurants (L.A. and San Diego) from June 29th to July 31 t015 . It is a Kids Go Free offer with any purchase at a participating McDonald’s in the promotional period. Kids Go Free with paid adult ticket to LEGOLAND® California Resort and your choice of LEGOLAND Water Park or SEA LIFE® Aquarium. It is a $104 value!
Okay, now are you ready to enter and try to win your family 4 pack of Legoland California Park Hopper tickets?
Legoland Family 4 Pack
Disclaimer: I received tickets in order to facilitate this post and giveaway. All opinions are my own.